Monday, April 21, 2008

IRONMAN







He did it. Ricky is an official IRONMAN. Last Sunday, April 13 Ricky completed the Ironman. I'm so proud of him, he did so good. What an accomplishment!!! There was a lot of sacrifice that went into that race and I have to say that after all was said and done, it was worth it. Ricky, Rick, Scott and Derek all completed it. Every one of them did Amazing. The day was so full of so many emotions. Worry that something may go wrong and one of them may not finish, excitement, exhaustion, fear, PRIDE and even a little sadness that it had all come to an end. I wish some how I could describe to Ricky the overwhelming respect and pride I have for him and for what he has accomplished. I feel like standing on the sidelines and cheering for him I didn't do enough to rejuvenate him and encourage him. I just hope he knows that my thoughts didn't leave him for one minute on that course. What a huge example he has now set for Raiden. Not only that he's an Ironman but that if you set goals and set your mind to something you can do it.



No comments: